We Are Changing The Way The World Educates Our Children
The Coquitlam Montessori Society has been a registered non-profit charity since 1985. Originally formed in 1983 when a group of parents, who wanted another alternative in our public school system for their children, worked together with the School District #43 (Coquitlam) to incorporate the Montessori philosophy into the public school system. Since then, we’ve tried to stay true to our core beliefs—INDIVIDUAL STUDENT CHOICE—and to deliver an exceptional experience for our community and students. We owe a huge thanks to our community for joining us on this awesome journey, and we hope that you’ll continue to be a part of our story.
Our mission is to provide a complete Montessori program which considers the emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development of the total child by addressing the uniqueness of each in a nurturing, emotionally secure and academically excellent environment.
- The spirit/psyche of the child in all its aspects is our first priority.
- All children need affirmation to have a positive self-image so they may know of themselves
- Children learn best in an environment of love, security, understanding, and consistency.
- Education is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in which the child is a participant in his/her environment.
- Children should be treated with respect.
- Children need to be listened to in an atmosphere in which they feel safe in expressing dissenting view points.
- Success builds confidence.
- A spirit of cooperation rather than competition is the best atmosphere for learning.
- Children need to learn how to think for themselves and how to solve problems in original and creative ways.
- Children should be taught to respect the rights of others and to appreciate the contributions of all life.
- Teachers should encourage and inspire children to do not only the minimum, but also their best.
- Learning should be a happy, joyous experience!